The flowers have finally sprung as we approach the heat of the summer months. It’s time to shed our winter hair and get a fresh new look. A nice, sharp cut and vibrant color could be just what you need to put some spring in your step.
Shorter to mid-length hair with lots of movement will give versatility. Various fringe lengths, visor fringes with beautiful color peeking through or spilling over the top and shapes on top of shapes. Time for a crisp new look.
If you’re not ready to go for the plunge then subtle changes like adding some layer or graduation will help to add movement and fullness to your hair. Incorporating a visor fringe according to suitability will give a little edge. You’ll be surprised what a boost you can get by applying subtle changes.
Remember, if you don’t try you will never know.
If you would like to make an appointment with a stylist at Cristiano Cora Studio please contact us at (212)414-1333.
Summer is coming and I have always loved a “playful sumertime wave” look for hair especially when you are sporting a tan. Here is one easy way you can create this look.
1. Apply a heat protecting spray to damp hair and blow dry it straight. I like to use Melu Thermal Protecting Shield by “Davines”.
2. Divide hair into two to four sections. Then, loosely braid each section and secure the ends with elastics. Spritz on a light hold hairspray to help set the braids.
3. Take a flat iron and starting at the top of each braid, apply gentle pressure for a few seconds moving downward toward the end (carefully avoiding the elastic).
4. Loosen the braids by gently pinching the sides between your thumb and forefinger.
5. Remove the elastics and use your fingers to loosen the curls. Brush them lightly and set with hairspray.
Then off you go…..
If You like to make anappointment at Cristiano Cora Studio please call 212 414 1333.
You never know who you’ll meet. I met a bubble gum pink haired girl at a fashion/art show in December named Sadie Drucker. I just had to know who she was… She is super cute, very interesting and so much fun. I thought to myself with excitement “I must have her as a model for our creative master class”. We immediatley hit it off. She was dressed as a fantasy pirate and i had a pink heart painted over my lips with bright green eyeshadow. The two of us pink haired girls were chatting outside the gallery and there was a HUGE tour bus parked right out front. We made friends with the the owner and she says” My Dad has a huge tour bus just like this one.” and proceeded to tell the story of her father who is part of the band called the “Stray Cats”. Sadie is originally from LA, goes to Parsons School of Design and is studying illustration. We kept in contact over the next couple of months and finally we were able to coordinate with her to be a part of our April workshop. We spent several hours together at the studio bleaching and toning, chatting and laughing. I changed her base to a pearl pink and did some criss cross paneling with a babypink and chocolate brown. We had a BLAST taking her through such a fun transformation. We ended with giggles and forever we will be bonded as pink ladies!
If you like to make an appointment at Cristiano Cora Studio please call 212 414 1333